Sunday, June 5, 2011

Now a full- time resident

6 June 6:45 A.M. Saint Mary's Church
1 male Goshawk being attacked and chased at 200 feet elevation. The hawk was mature. The attacker was a crow.

Then at 4:30 P.M. - 1 male NG, same location. A better look would have confirmed that the hawk had no white terminal band.
This was my second day of living in the area , as now I am a full-time resident of the city limits of Anacortes, WA. I realize this was a somewhat lucky sighting. Northern goshawks are nesting
near-by, and I did not expect to make many observations of this species, and then only the male. Very few sightings can be expected during June, July, and the first half of August. So, my days of hawking at Pioneer Trails RV Park (PTRVP) are over. My new location takes in all of the down town area of Anacortes, and the snow- capped mountains of B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment